Title: Effective Project and Change Sponsorship
Subtitle: Getting the Most from Your Strategic Investments
Author: Ori Schibi, PMP, CMP, PMI-ACP
Details: Softcover, 6×9, 334 pages, ISBN: 978-1-60427-174-4, September 2020
Retail Price: $44.95
JRP Direct Price: $39.95
Exclusively for the PM/BA Times community, use the coupon code: BAPM20 at checkout to save an extra 20% on J. Ross Publishing titles.
“Effective Project and Change Sponsorship is a vital work for business, government, and NGOs facing unprecedented change. It is full of relevant data, insights, and absolutely wonderful tips and processes to enable greater project success. This guide is a thorough, accessible, and insightful tool for great project and change management.”
—Alan C. Middleton, PhD., Executive Director, Schulich Executive Education Centre, York University
“Ori has clearly articulated the importance the role of an engaged sponsor has in successful project and change management. He has outlined the challenges with sponsorship and the associated impacts while providing recommendations on how to identify sponsorship issues and effectively rectify them. He highlights the need for sponsors to understand the significance of their role, the expectations of their role, and how critical it is to have the right sponsor in place with the right level of involvement. I thoroughly enjoyed this read and would recommend it to anyone looking to further improve their sponsorship awareness and skills.”
—Angie Kleihauer, PMP, CCMP, Manager, Information Technology
Effective Project and Change Sponsorship addresses the challenges that organizations face surrounding the sponsorship of projects and change initiatives. This long overdue book provides techniques, remedies, and approaches to improve the way these initiatives are sponsored, led, and executed to ensure context, alignment, and a focus on value creation. Readers will learn key concepts about specific aspects of project sponsorship, including overcoming the most common and challenging project-related obstacles, connecting the key elements of project and change management, and advanced techniques to effectively engage stakeholders and manage their expectations.
- Digs deep into understanding the nature of organizational change and how to effectively deal with the main challenges associated with change initiatives
- Details concepts that are aligned with the latest trends in organizational change management, project management, and those items that connect them together
- Proposes solutions to challenges around sponsor capacity and project resource allocation
- Applies practical concepts to better manage stakeholder expectations and effectively engage them
- Anticipates emerging trends and the future of project sponsorship with a focus on value creation and how to best lead an organization’s most valuable assets—its people
- WAV features an initial impact audit and tools for stakeholder analysis, among other valuable documents—available from the Web Added Value Download Resource Center at www.jrosspub.com
About the Author
Ori Schibi, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, SMC, CMP, Agile-PM, is president of PM Konnectors, an international consulting practice based in Toronto. With a focus on disciplined agile practices, project management, change management, and organizational agility, PM Konnectors provides a variety of services which delivers tangible value and quick turnaround to their clients. Many large to mid-sized organizations in diverse industries and levels of governments have benefited from their wide range of innovative business solutions.